Thursday, May 30, 2019

The Beginning of Victory :: Example Personal Narratives

The Beginning of Victory As the music seeps through the air of the dark basement theater, my fingers begin to slide up the neck of my guitar. disposition starts to resign over. The notes flow through my veins, swim up the cables, and be flung into the sphere of energy that has formed around the small theater. The spotlight falls onto the closed eyelids of the consultation as their steps coincide with the rhythmic beat of the improvisation. My mind slips away from the scene. The freshly fallen snow clings to the limbs of the evergreen trees, forming a canopy over the runway that winds its way up the mountainside behind my home. This is where I go when I need to think. As I hike up the narrow get behind, I respect solitude in nature. There are no houses to fill my view. There are no super-highways cutting through the middle of the path. Most of all, there are no people. A family of deer freezes to look at me in search of a place where the snow has not covered the grass. Furt her up the trail I stop to watch as two black squirrels chase each other up and around the skeleton of an aspen tree. Through a reparation in the canopy the sun glistens off the snow and warms me. As I break out of the trees, I look up and see the sun perched just in the sky with not one cloud to hide behind. The band begins to slow the music and the rambunctious dancing turns to hypnotic swaying. A calm, almost mesmerizing jazz progression takes form, and with a slower, more sensuous feeling my body takes command of my instrument once more. I start to drift away again, moreover this time a different scene surfaces. I take my usual seat on the rock outcropping that overlooks all of Eastern Colorado and take a very deep breath. As I look upon the city, I see the tops of the skyscrapers poking through the brown cloud of pollution. The entire valley is enveloped in this smog. To the South, where the clouds begin to dissipate, highways and houses flow over the land that animals and vegetation once inhabited. Urban sprawl is replacing nature. Even from this point high above the city, the sounds of cars manna from heaven along the highway are intertwined with the magpies call and blue-jays song.

No comments:

Post a Comment